Thursday 10 November 2011

Flying!


I went flying into a hedge last night after loosing my footing on some wet rock in my new New Balance MT101 trail shoes. It's rare I run in anything other than Walsh PBs or Inov-8 Roclite 285 but I've been reading some good things about the 101s and fancied them after trying some on at Accelerate at the weekend. My initial impression was they are extremely comfortable and I wore them for our Carsington walk on Saturday afternoon. They felt comfortable again last night for running but the heels are much more built-up than Walsh fell shoes, or even the Roclite 285 (the drop is 10mm, which isn't really minimalist in my book). We have another headtorcher tonight (on Ilkley Moor) to coincide with the full moon so I'll give them another run out then

2 comments:

  1. Andrew, I've run through two pairs of these, total time on the hill about 8 weeks! Keep an eye on the inside of the upper on any steep descents as I've ripped through it twice on both feet. And if you're ever down around Accelerate again let me know - we could have a cuppa and/or a run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to save mine for dry conditions I think. Will let you know if passing by Accelerate again or Sheffield generally

    ReplyDelete